The project base is on the beautiful East coast of Zanzibar Island, in a village set on a pristine stretch of coastline. In these amazing surroundings we invite you to join an experienced project team and other international volunteers in various teaching and community projects.
Zanzibar Island is part of a beautiful tropical archipelago of islands and its capital, Zanzibar Town (known to many as Stone Town), is a fascinating place, with an intriguing blend of Indian, Arab, and African influences. From this project you are also within easy access to Tanzania's mainland and spectacular African safari opportunities.
What to Expect?
- Gain teaching experience in various nursery schools and a tourism training institute.
- Provide conversational English interaction with not only children and scholars, but also teachers and other community leaders.
- Help to strengthen and promote womens empowerment within the village.
- Assist in improving educational facilities in the community.
- Enjoy cycling through the village and on the beach to and from your volunteer projects.
- Developmental games with pre-primary school children & sports afternoons.
- Playing a role in keeping the beach and village environmentally clean and aware.
- Get a glimpse of life on the island, and have the opportunity to make a tangible difference in a community.
- Get a taste of the Zanzibar culture; learn a bit of Swahili!
- A great platform to not only explore other areas of the archipelago and try your hand at some water sports, but also to experience some of the finest safari destinations on the continent.
- Program ID: # 1868
- duration: 2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 Months
- location: Zanzibar IslandTanzania6° 18' 50.1624" S, 39° 32' 25.7352" ETZ
- Fitness level: Light ImpactModerately Fit
- Closest Airport: Zanzibar (ZNZ)
- Costs From: $1500 to $3000Over $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsTeach OverseasWomen's & Youth Programs
- Click Here for More Info