The benefits of volunteering extend to you - the volunteer, and to the local community in Guatemala where you will serve. Personal benefits include development of life skills, personal growth, friendship, increased self confidence, social awareness, and building independence. An international volunteer experience will also enhance career prospects.
When you volunteer with GVN, you can be assured you are helping a local grassroots organisation. Volunteer efforts directly benefit local groups, local communities, and local people. We work with our partner organizations in Guatemala to support them in achieving their goals and ensuring that their projects are sustainable and effective.
What to Expect?
Volunteers will work in the nursing homes and senior centres in and around La Antigua, with the aim of creating a compassionate and friendly atmosphere for the vulnerable elderly population. Volunteers will provide one-on-one attention, basic healthcare, assist with meal and medicine distribution and organising recreational activities. Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own ideas to this placement as well.
- Program ID: # 2389
- duration: 1 to 2 Weeks2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 MonthsMore than 3 Months
- location: La AntiguaGuatemala14° 33' 29.988" N, 90° 44' 24.7344" WGT
- Fitness level: Light Impact
- Closest Airport: Guatemala City (GUA)
- Costs From: $1000 to $1500$1500 to $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsWomen's & Youth Programs
- Click Here for More Info