You will help to conserve two important national parks and the flora and fauna within them – the Marine Park and the Quill National Park. You will acquire new skills and knowledge about conservation, local flora and fauna of Statia and take part in trail work and tropical gardening.
What to Expect?
Opportunities for Volunteers:
-Trail building in the Quill and Boven National Parks (all year round)
-Maintaining the Botanical Garden (all year round)
-Helping with night turtle patrols (monitoring and tagging) during nesting season only (March to November)
-Outside of turtle season, may assist with in-water turtle surveys.
You should be 20 years old and over, fit, healthy and capable of carrying out manual work in all conditions in a hot climate.
For more details, please visit this page.
- Program ID: # 1720
- duration: 1 to 3 Months
- location: St. EustatiusNetherlands Antilles17° 29' 36.456" N, 62° 58' 5.304" WAN
- Fitness level: Light Impact
- Closest Airport: St. Eustatius (EUX)
- Costs From: $1000 to $1500$1500 to $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsEnvironmental & Wildlife Programs
- Click Here for More Info