Against the stunning backdrop of the world famous Victoria Falls, we invite you to join our Sports Project Volunteers training, guiding and working with soccer teams in the Livingstone community as well as physical education in schools which is sorely neglected due to lack of trained teachers. We believe sport is an essential and effective tool to teach about various subjects such as HIV, Nutrition and Healthy Living. You will also get involved in other exciting community and school building projects in Livingstone.
Sports volunteers spend their time training, guiding and working with football (soccer), netball and netball teams in the Livingstone community as well as physical education in schools which is sorely neglected due to lack of trained teachers. We believe sport is an essential and effective tool to teach about various subjects such as HIV, Nutrition and a Healthy Lifestyle. Sport also assists in developing a variety of skills in the kids, including learning the sport itself, as well as the dynamics of working in a team, commitment.
You do not need to be qualified for our sports project; you just need the desire to make an impact!
What to Expect?
- Mentor very excited and often-talented children in sports and games at local schools.
- Use your skills and knowledge to improve the coaching techniques of community sports leaders.
- Empower groups of all ages, through sports to feel valued, many from very disadvantaged homes
- Assist with doing basic exercises / physiotherapy therapy with the residents at Maramba Old People’s Home.
- Work on building and construction projects within the community
- Immerse yourself in local Zambian culture
- Make friends for life with other international volunteers on the program
- Visit the majestic Victoria Falls, also known as “the smoke that thunders” and enjoy some of the amazing tourist activities that Livingstone has to offer.
- Opportunities to visit neighboring countries of Botswana, Namibia, and Zimbabwe, on exciting optional excursions.
- Engage with children in after school clubs, recreational activities and provide an escape from daily life.
- Program ID: # 1942
- duration: 2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 Months
- location: LivingstoneZambia17° 54' 57.6828" S, 25° 53' 1.6404" EZM
- Fitness level: Moderately Fit
- Closest Airport: Livingstone (LVI)
- Costs From: $1000 to $1500$1500 to $3000Over $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsTeach Overseas
- Click Here for More Info