Make this your most rewarding Summer break yet! We've created a group tour for the adventurous soul who wants to give back while also exploring the very best of Southern Africa.
- Overseas volunteers give local children a greater global perspective and an opportunity to learn about other countries and cultures while broadening their knowledge and understanding of the world. You’ll find there’s a unique cultural exchange taking place in just chatting to them and exchanging stories.
- Explore the vast wildlife of the Chobe National Park on safari and spot Africa’s most vulnerable animal, the rhinoceros, at the Khama Rhino Sanctuary.
- Paddle through the Okavango Delta in the traditional makoro (dug-out canoe) and camp under the African stars.
- Contribute to the valuable wildlife research taking place in the Northern Tuli Game Reserve.
- End the tour in lively Johannesburg, South Africa and take a tour of Africa’s most famous township, Soweto.
What to Expect?
Join like-minded University students on our summer volunteering group tour experience for a 22-day adventure across Southern Africa. Your tour will start in Livingstone, Zambia, home to the magnificent Victoria Falls where you will spend the week involved in a number of African Impact community development programs. You will spend the next week traveling overland across Botswana enjoying wildlife safari's, camping under the stars in the Okavango Delta and tracking the elusive and endangered Rhino. Your last week on the tour will be spent as a wildlife conservation volunteer in the Northern Tuli Game Reserve in Southern Botswana. It is home to over 1,800 elephants, the largest population of elephants on private property in Africa! As a volunteer, you will assist in tracking, observing and monitoring animal species and various conservation work on the reserve. Your newly acquired bush skills will be tested in an overnight Survival Course in the African bush!
- Program ID: # 2588
- duration: 2 Weeks to 1 Month
- location: Southern Africa - Zambia, Botswana & South Africa LivingstoneZambia17° 51' 58.8996" S, 25° 50' 48.156" EZM
- Fitness level: Light Impact
- Closest Airport:
- Costs From: Over $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsEnvironmental & Wildlife ProgramsTeach Overseas
- Click Here for More Info