These projects are aimed at promoting social upliftment through teaching, cultural exchange and tackling health issues. You will help to contribute to improving the lives of local Nepalese people in a real way, and experience the reality of life for the rural nepalese.
What to Expect?
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, volunteers are taken to a guest house in Thamel for several days, for some some sightseeing and to acclimatise to Nepalese life. You will then be transferred to the placement of your choice. Here you will stay with a carefully selected host family, who speak English. This will give you the opportunity to experience the real life of a Nepalese family and the local community. All meals will be provided by your host family.
The projects available are as follows:
1. Teaching English in a Rural School
2. Traditional Farming Project
3. Working in a Daycare Centre
4. Baghmati River Project
5. Working in a health centre Volunteers should be self motivated, adaptable and flexible and willing to live and work in rustic conditions, particularly for the Traditional Farming Project. Projects are often located in rural, isolated villages and volunteers should be independent and mature, and able to manage with basic amenities, and limited access to modern facilities.
Cost includes airport pick up and departure, taxis around Kathmandu, hotel stays for 3 nights in Kathmandu, guided sightseeing, bus transfers to and from the placement, support whilst on the placement, and all food and accommodation.
- Program ID: # 1972
- duration: 2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 MonthsMore than 3 Months
- location: KathmanduNepal27° 42' 10.7424" N, 85° 21' 49.572" ENP
- Fitness level: Light Impact
- Closest Airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
- Costs From: $500 to $1000$1000 to $1500$1500 to $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsEnvironmental & Wildlife ProgramsTeach OverseasWomen's & Youth Programs
- Click Here for More Info