An opportunity for volunteers to live and work in a biological research and education centre on the Pacific Costa Rican beach reserve of Playa Tortuga. Projects involve: olive ridley sea turtle research and monitoring, caiman monitoring, river otter research, mangrove reforestation, flora and fauna inventories, water quality testing, working in the butterfly garden education project and environmental education in the local community.
What to Expect?
Volunteers will work alongside a non-profit biological research and education centre, and all food, lodging, training and research will take place within the reserve. Projects run all year round, except for the sea turtle programme, which runs from July to January only. Volunteers will take part in the projects below:
Sea Turtle Conservation
Programme Mangrove Reforestation
Flora and Fauna Inventories
Water Quality Testing
Butterfly Garden Project
Neotropical River Otter project
Caiman Monitoring Project
Future projects TBD
For more information, please visit our site.
- Program ID: # 1627
- duration: 1 to 2 Weeks2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 Months
- location: Ojochal de OsaCosta Rica8° 52' 17.4108" N, 83° 34' 22.7928" WCR
- Fitness level: Moderately FitVery Fit
- Closest Airport: San Jose (SJO)
- Costs From: $500 to $1000$1000 to $1500$1500 to $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsEnvironmental & Wildlife Programs
- Click Here for More Info