China is an amazing place to teach English and to explore a culture that is really just opening its doors to the world! Teaching English in China is a rewarding experience that requires patience and open mindedness. Depending on the school you may be given free accommodation and a flight allowance but this is not always the case.
You will receive full orientation and training before you start teaching. Most of the schools are secondary level with pupils ages ranging in age from 12-18. The level of English in rural China is much lower than in many other parts of the world and successful applicants will not be expected to do any complicated teaching in the curriculum. Creating lesson plans to fit the level of English of the pupils in the class is part of the experience.
What to Expect?
* Teaching English in a classroom setting, working to improve students listening and speaking skills.
* Prepare in-class activities focused on language development such as dialogues, games, pronunciation and grammar activities, songs, role-playing and conversation groups.
* Plan lessons and presentations to your class.
* Attend some faculty meetings.
* Help plan and implement some extra-curricular activities (after-school English clubs, art projects, sporting activities etc.)
- Program ID: # 1952
- duration: More than 3 Months
- location: China Beijing or ShanghaiChina39° 56' 21.21" N, 116° 24' 0.5256" ECN
- Fitness level: Light Impact
- Closest Airport: Various locations - please contact program
- Costs From: $1500 to $3000Paid Position
- Program Type: Teach Overseas
- Click Here for More Info