Live within the stunning world heritage site of iSimangaliso Wetlands and provide teaching assistance to vulnerable and disadvantaged children in the village creches of St Lucia in South Africa.
What to Expect?
- Teach disadvantaged and vulnerable children in the rural village Crèches through songs, games and crafts
- Form close bonds with the Village Children you will work with daily
- Get hands-on teaching experience in a Rustic African Setting
- Help uplift people’s lives through Adult English Classes
- Keep young people off the street through After School and Reading Clubs
- Provide orphans with much needed love, care and stimulation which they would usually not receive on a daily basis
- Help build, refurbish, and paint school and community buildings
- Immerse yourself in the local Zulu culture learning all about the customs and also a bit of the language!
- Live within the UNESCO World Heritage Site of iSimangaliso wetlands, 5 minutes from the Indian Ocean and beautiful beaches with close proximity to Big 5 game reserves such as Hluhluwe and Umfolozi
- Make friends for life with other International volunteers!
- Program ID: # 1661
- duration: 2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 Months
- location: St Lucia , KNSouth Africa28° 7' 13.5804" S, 32° 34' 28.0668" EKwaZulu-Natal ZA
- Fitness level: Light Impact
- Closest Airport: Durban (DUR)
- Costs From: $1000 to $1500$1500 to $3000
- Program Type: Community Development Projects
- Click Here for More Info