Work on dolphin and whale research projects and become a marine conservation volunteer on the beautiful coast of South Africa. Based in Plettenberg Bay, the aim of this project is to change the way people think and behave in their lives, to lead a more sustainable co-existence with the natural world. The long term goal is to establish a marine park.
Our volunteers have the chance to assist with this goal by working on a variety of projects including:
- Marine eco-tourism
- Monitoring & Cleaning Campaigns
- Conservation Education Initiatives
- Collection and Rehabilitation of Turtles and Penguins
- Supervised Collection of Aquarium Species
- Fin Profiling & Spatial Distribution Programs
Volunteers on this program have the chance to learn invaluable skills which can be taken away and used on other conservation initiatives. They will be learning these skills in one of the most serene and breathtaking outdoor classrooms in South Africa surrounded by the grace and might of whales and the exuberance of dolphins. There is also a chance for volunteers staying longer than four weeks to complete the marine guiding program.
What to Expect?
No previous knowledge or experience is needed for this project. We are looking for volunteers with a passion for marine conservation and wildlife education, who are willing to work in a diverse, challenging environment.
Please visit website to view further details about individual projects.
- Program ID: # 2538
- duration: 1 to 2 Weeks2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 MonthsMore than 3 Months
- location: Plettenberg BaySouth AfricaZA
- Fitness level: Moderately Fit
- Closest Airport: George, South Africa (GRJ)
- Costs From: $500 to $1000$1000 to $1500$1500 to $3000
- Program Type: Environmental & Wildlife Programs
- Click Here for More Info