Deep in the world’s oldest tropical rainforest and last home of the endangered Orang-utan, Trekforce and the indigenous tribes of the Kelabit highlands have been working to combat the threat of deforestation. The jungles of Borneo nurture wildlife of incredible diversity and rarity and our volunteers work to save vital areas from destruction and establish sustainable eco-tourism to ensure ongoing protection.
Join us for an unforgettable 8 week adventure and learn how to survive in, and protect this stunning wilderness.
What to Expect?
First: London Briefing and Meet The Team. Next, off to Borneo!
Week 1: Jungle Training – Navigation, River Crossing, First Aid, Safty and our famous solo belt kit night.
Week 2-6: Heart of Borneo Project - protect the Panang and Kalabit Tribes. Construct new schools, protect tribal sites, secure burial grounds - projects are requested by the local commnuity.
Week 7: Put down your shovel and picks - time to Trek! The heart of any Trekforce Expedition - a life changing experience.
Week 8 Time to relax. Off to Kuching: Orangutans, Horn bills...and a few cold beers for a job well done!
- Program ID: # 1675
- duration: 2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 MonthsMore than 3 Months
- location: Borneo BarioMalaysia3° 48' 34.0056" N, 115° 33' 34.8912" EMY
- Fitness level: Moderately FitVery Fit
- Closest Airport: Please contact program
- Costs From: $1500 to $3000
- Program Type: Environmental & Wildlife ProgramsLearn Abroad
- Click Here for More Info