Kenya's population is hugely affected by the struggles of HIV/AIDS, poverty and unemployment. It is known to be One of the poorest countries in Africa. There are countless possibilities to impact the lives of those that are affected by these problems, such as in the Nairobi slums, orphanages, schools, and public health centres surrounding the Limuru area.
What to Expect?
- Gain medical experience under the supervision of qualified doctors and nurses at Kikuyu General Hospital and public health centres – please note this is only applicable to those due currently studying medicine or qualified in a medical field suited to the Hospitals needs and requirements for a minimum of a 6 week placement
- Assist in various orphanages and pre-schools in Limuru, by helping with improving or enhancing the facilities as well as becoming involved in teaching and caring for the children
- Get a glimpse of life in the slums of Nairobi and have the opportunity to make a difference in a poor and desperate community
- Get a taste of the Kenyan culture; learn a bit of Swahili!
- Make friends for life
- A great platform to experience some of the finest safari destinations on the continent
- Program ID: # 1709
- duration: 2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 Months
- location: LimuruKenya1° 9' 52.0956" S, 36° 41' 19.8348" EKE
- Fitness level: Light ImpactModerately Fit
- Closest Airport: Nairobi, Kenya (NBO)
- Costs From: $1000 to $1500$1500 to $3000Over $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsWomen's & Youth Programs
- Click Here for More Info