The Caribbean is under pressure from tourism and development. Previously protected, Andros Island is one of the last great wilderness marine habitats. Marine Researchers needed on our Government supported program to survey, monitor and help create a future for the world’s second largest barrier reef. Qualify as an International PADI Approved Marine Conservationist. Programme in conjunction with the Government of the Bahamas & The Bahamas National Trust.
What to Expect?
PROJECT OUTLINE: Marine Research Station: All dives, local transport, food and accomadation, plus more! Contact us below for details.
Qualifications included: Boat Handling, Conservation Management, Far From Help First Aid, Marine Conservationist, Underwater Navigator, PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Advanced Diver, PADI Night Diver, PADI Deep Diver, Project AWARE REEF Check.
Plus Jobs: The top graduates from this program may be offered Marine Conservation employment with GreenFORCE.
- Program ID: # 1852
- duration: 2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 MonthsMore than 3 Months
- location: Andros Island AndrosBahamas24° 42' 24.894" N, 78° 2' 58.6392" WBS
- Fitness level: Moderately Fit
- Closest Airport: Please contact program
- Costs From: $1500 to $3000Over $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsEnvironmental & Wildlife ProgramsLearn Abroad
- Click Here for More Info