The Language Homestay program offers the opportunity for participants to become a conversation friend in a local family while sharing their everyday life.
Participants spend approximately 15 hours per week conversing with members of the host family to improve their fluency in English. The rest of the time is yours to taste some of France’s world class wine and immerse yourself in French language, culture and lifestyle. The French are very proud of their contributions to art, literature, philosophy, architecture, films, sports, food and wine. From the Alps near the Italian and Swiss borders to the forest covered Vosges Mountains in the northeast, the Pyrénées along the Spanish border and the beaches on the Mediterranean, France offers breathtaking scenery.
What to Expect?
Benefits: • Host family search, screening and placement process • Single room accommodation with carefully screened host family • Three meals a day for duration of program • Local office support • Comprehensive medical insurance • Pre-departure orientation • Culture & Etiquette Guidebook • Enhance your resume with experience as a Private Language Tutor • Learn a new language through immersion in a different culture and country.
This is a volunteer, unpaid teaching placement designed for deep cultural immersion and exchange. This program is ideal for adults hoping to get their feet wet in teaching, teachers planning to travel during their summer break, or travelers seeking to experience full cultural immersion while teaching English abroad.
- Volunteer tutoring position with a local host family
- 15 hours per week teaching experience
- Placements throughout the country
- Accommodation with volunteer French host family
- 1, 2 or 3 month placements
- Rolling start dates twice monthly
- Program ID: # 1792
- duration: 1 to 3 Months
- location: NationwideFrance48° 48' 24.7068" N, 2° 7' 52.8528" EFR
- Fitness level: Light Impact
- Closest Airport: Various locations available
- Costs From: $1500 to $3000
- Program Type: Teach Overseas
- Click Here for More Info