Join our volunteer marine survey team in Fiji and you’ll soon find yourself living on a stunning South Pacific island being taught how to dive in the crystal blue Pacific Ocean. Spend your days diving on exquisite coral reefs collecting vital survey data with our Marine Biologists and help create a Seascape multi-use reserve in partnership with the Wildlife Conservation Society and the Coral Reef Alliance. An amazing opportunity to live on the other side of the world. A perfect balance between conservation and adventure makes this one of our most popular programs.
What to Expect?
- Live and work on a stunning South Pacific island
- Become an experienced PADI qualified diver
- Swim with sharks, rays, turtles and more!
- Work with the Wildlife Conservation Society on a vital long term project
- Dive Namena Marine Reserve, one of the world’s top 3 dive sites!
Accommodation - Participants live in traditional grass ‘bures’ or wooden dormitory style huts. The bures/huts are under palm trees on the beach which overlook the Pacific Ocean - a stunning location. The ‘bures’ and huts are built by the locals and the roofs are about 2/3 the entire size of each ‘bure’ providing ample space and keeps the inner space cool during the day. Windows and doors are also built into each ‘bure’ or hut so that a fresh breeze can constantly come through. Participants will be required to bring their own mosquito net and sleeping bag. Showers and toilets are basic and are outside.
- Program ID: # 2453
- duration: 1 to 3 Months
- location: South Pacific Savu SavuFiji18° 6' 14.7132" S, 178° 18' 29.178" EFJ
- Fitness level: Moderately Fit
- Closest Airport: Savu Savu Airport (SVU)
- Costs From: $1500 to $3000Over $3000
- Program Type: Community Development ProjectsEnvironmental & Wildlife Programs
- Click Here for More Info