You can au pair in New Zealand for 6 to 12 months giving you enormous flexibility while you immerse yourself in the Kiwi culture and your New Zealand family while caring for young children. Explore the area during your time off, become a member of your new family, and have an incredible cultural experience.
Walk where Lord Of The Rings (and now The Hobbit) was filmed and see if you fit in one of the round doors! Visiting the real-life Middle-earth still has a geeky allure - LOTR director Peter Jackson's filmmaking prowess still holds Wellington (aka ‘Wellywood’) in its thrall. New Zealand is known for its fabulous festivals, outlandish scenery, superb food and wine and magical outdoor experiences.
What to Expect?
Au Pairs in New Zealand Receive
- A private room and full board.
- A stipend of NZ $150 (net) per week for up to 30 hours of babysitting per week. For Au Pairs working up to 40 hours/week, the stipend is NZ$235 (net) per week will be paid. 45 hours/week receive NZ$290 (net).
- Au Pairs will have 2 days off per week.
- With a 6 month placement, au pairs receive 2 weeks of holiday time. With a 9 month placement, au pairs will receive 3 weeks of holiday time. With a 12 month program, au pairs receive 4 weeks holiday.
- In-country support.
- Monthly au pair coffee group and occasional special events.
- 2-3 day orientation. (Au pairs working with preschool children will stay 3 days. Au pairs working only with school aged children finish orientation after Day 2.)
- Assistance setting up a NZ bank account.
- Medical and accident insurance coverage.
- Program ID: # 1875
- duration: More than 3 Months
- location: Auckland Cities throughout New ZealandNew Zealand36° 49' 36.75" S, 174° 46' 13.8288" ENZ
- Fitness level: Very Fit
- Closest Airport: Various locations - please contact program
- Costs From: $500 to $1000
- Program Type: Community Development Projects
- Click Here for More Info