Based on a private ecological reserve in the rainforests of northern Costa Rica, our animal rescue and eco-reserve volunteer project acts as a home for rescued wild animals and also is a site for ongoing conservation and community development projects that help to protect and sustain the natural beauty of the rainforest and local residents.
What to Expect?
Help feed, observe and administer general care to animals; Meet the animals in the rescue center!
Assist with various conservation projects
Work in the greenhouse
Help maintain trails on the reserve
Help with construction of new habitats for the animals
Along with gaining amazing life experiences, your program also includes: •Accommodations with a host family •3 meals per day •Culture & Etiquette guide book •Medical/Accident insurance •24-hour emergency support •Pre-departure and arrival orientations •Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager •Certificate of Completion upon request for successful completion of the program
- Program ID: # 2101
- duration: 1 to 2 Weeks2 Weeks to 1 Month1 to 3 Months
- location: San Carlos ProvinceCosta Rica10° 27' 48.618" N, 84° 40' 37.6464" WCR
- Fitness level: Light Impact
- Closest Airport: San Jose (SJO)
- Costs From: $1000 to $1500$1500 to $3000
- Program Type: Environmental & Wildlife Programs
- Click Here for More Info